Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #1129 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Well it depends on what your definition of a chav is.
What you see in the film is probably only what Noonan wants to be shown.
He surrounds himself with young scallies because he knows he can control and trust them.
The serious business end of his set up is hidden from view. His brother Dez was more dangerous, until he got killed.

There are dozens of families like the Noonan's here, mostly of Irish decent. Believe it or not, Shayne Ward's family are notorious.
His father is a convicted rapist and his brother was suspected of murder (the charges were dropped), his mother was arrested for assault, two of his uncles and a cousin imprisoned for murder and another cousin of rape.

I've not seen the film, but there was a documentary episode of MacIntyre's Underworld called The Next Generation which focused on the Noonan family. (see vid)

At the end of the clip one of the lads says, "That's Manchester for yer innit" and I know what he means, but these people are victims of themselves...they have a choice.
You've got young kids and bringing them up in a city like Birmingham can't be much different Lee.
My parents realised that education and keeping me off the streets kept me away from mixing in those circles.
And that's exactly what I'm aiming to do with mine.
Chav, is a state of mind.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote