Music Banter - View Single Post - Late Night Back At Urbans
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Actually I felt that Van got very little mention on here and it's always Brown Eyed Girl and Astral Weeks anyway, that's why I created the thread. But you don't need to defend your choice, I think you could tell, but I was not offended still you did provide your reasoning which was enjoyable.

I personally don't care for the Patti Smith song and love the Live version in '73. Van plays that song at every show (nearly) even still today. Rarely did he put as much effort in it as the recorded version from Too late to Stop Now. Won't argue on lyrical content that's a no-brainier.

As far as good list and all, it's simply there to set a non-abrasive tone, no slight intended or implied.
I have to apologize for my jump to fully armed guard. My past experiences with this forum in particular have included some horrific elitist posters (who seem to have disappeared NICE) who were always on the attack. Hell, I even left MB for about two years (by left I mean, left every day thread discussions) because of that fact. It seems the tone has changed around here. Gotta take that proverbial "chill pill". But I stand by my enjoyable reasoning! Kudos, by the by, on making a "Them" reference... haven't heard that yet, here.