Music Banter - View Single Post - Real Fans Pay!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sarah Sings
Groupie

Hey! I am all about the debate thank you! that is the purpose of my post to get people talking about money and music!

JayJamJah - You should know I am not against Itunes! why would I be!? People PAY for music on there!

I don't like the way it has downgraded the album but most albums are not worth paying for anyway - too packed out with filler for my liking.

But that's just my preference if people want to cherry pick out the best singles then let them - Just make sure that if they want to buy the album there is still an option for them to do so!

I like the phrase "Paying money for something does not give it value to anyone other then yourself and the person being paid." I would agree with that but the point is that if a musician wants to make a living from their music then they should be allowed to do so. If the public don't want to pay for it then they won't - That solves that problem!

I am not interested in those who want to give away their music for free - that is their choice and I respect that - My page is about those who want to earn a living from their music!

Lucifer Sam "There are still others, like myself, who support the music industry by buying the music that they enjoy, but not shelling out their paychecks to discover crap."

The point is that some people enjoy albums!?!?! My favourite album (today) Is the original one by Keane every song on their I feel was single worthy - and it is SO RARE to find an album like that.

I feel that Amy Winehouse's album had 2 or 3 god-awful tracks on there but I really enjoyed Tori Amos The Beekeeper because it took me on a journey - She created a story with her album which could not be re-created with singles and I appreciate that.

Some people don't that's fine - Stick to your singles I am simply saying that whether it's singles, albums, gigs or anything else if the Artist feels they would like a financial reward from it they they should be able to ask for one without feeling like some kind of filthy money-grabber!