Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #78 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
QFT.

JayJamJah, I see some of what you're saying, but you just sound really jaded if you honestly believe that Bush was just "president at an awful time."
I am jaded by the system in the sense that I don't have faith that it's headed in the right direction, but Bush (and any President) is simply a figure head. Had 9\11 not happened there is no way we'd be in Iraq or Afghanistan or even talking about North Korea and Iran in the mainstream media. Those are the major criticisms of Bush.

I don't know how many of you lived through Vietnam, but I came here (US) just as it was heating up, and things were a lot like they are now as far as people rushing to pick sides and find someone to blame. War is awful, and like death very few people can comprehend the need for such unfortunate things as a reality of life. Myself included. My Wife's father was in the house of representatives in Ohio, both of her brothers work is Washington, they would argue with most of my criticisms of the US political machine, but even all of them would agree when pressed, who the president is makes very, very little difference.

I'm not saying anything to defend GWB, I can't cite one decision he's made that has had a tangible positive effect on my life. However I think it's far less ignorant to take my position then to purpose he is. A) Evil B) Incompetent C) Not trying to do whatever he can to make this country better.

One thing Bigthree said that is dead on... It's not for the weak, these people deal with a lot of crap and the vast majority believe what they are doing will in the end be for the better. I just don't agree that the ends justifies the means.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote