Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Beatles album?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #69 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Let It Be is a drastically bad record. Often diehards make excuses saying "it may be sub-par by Beatles' standards but still, the worst thing recorded by the Beatles is way better than almost anything recorded by any other artist". Seriously. I really hate that kind of bias. If the Beatles record a generally mediocre set of songs, then let it be recognized as such.
No, absolutely not. The Beatles had one mediocre album in Yellow Submarine and their first two albums were average at best. But Let It Be was a pretty damn good album dispite it's flaws.

It's not a bad album by any means. The only thing I don't like about it is the inclusion of Maggie May and Dig Me, which are pretty awful and some of the orchestration Phil Spector added to certain tracks sound very out of place, and thats why they made Let It Be Naked to fit The Beatles original vision. And it corrected everything that was wrong with the original album.

It was a bit of a patch job, not much care went into the production of it. But c'mon. Two of Us, Across the Universe, Let it Be, Don't Let Me Down, I Me Mind and Long and Winding Road are all great songs, the only other song I don't like at all is For You Blue, and just about every other Beatles album has a worse song than that.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote