Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice on bulk CD replication?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Infliction
Groupie

Default Advice on bulk CD replication?

One of my band mates and I are in the process of making a compilation with the idea of sending these CDs to all bands on the comp for them to distribute (50 bands from all over North America) in their areas to get exposure for all bands on the comp in all of the areas.

We're looking into how we plan on getting these CDs made (We're looking at 1500 2-disk compilations for starters) and are trying to find the least expensive means of doing so. We're going to have a budget of $1500-$3000 (collecting $30-$60 from each band to cover costs) and are looking at having these CDs made with artwork, and either jewel cases or sleeves depending on price differences.

Was hoping someone on these forums had any insight or experience on doing this... We're either going to get a disk printer of our own (we'll probably be doing more comps like this in the future if this one is a success) or having a company do it. And of course if we have a company do it we're looking for the best price. Please help me out!

-Jeremy (Murder Media, Columbia South Carolina)
Infliction is offline   Reply With Quote