Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #306 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works
If you think calculating infinity or Miss machine was weird, wait till you hear this!
I mean, wtf?! Props to all reviewers out there...even if they are wrong, attempting this itself is a big feat.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch
And if the first album i mentioned wasn't enough, this one would certainly make your brains go haywire Awesome album!

Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
One of the better metal releases this year...the first song itself blew me away! Too bad, only a handful of people know about them. Just quoting a small write-up from another site-
Quote:
This is one of the most refreshing, badass and just plain awesome old-school Swedish DM albums around nowadays, pity these guys might not reach too many ears, but I suppose it's all the better to an extent. ****ing cult metal of death on order here, a slab of Nihilist, Grave, early Entombed and even some Beherit (in the pitch-shifted evil vocals that are sometimes present) influenced death metal, rocking, riffing and just plain killing all over. The guitar tone is perfectly clear yet distinctively raw and chainsaw-like, pulling off some killer Carnage/Dismember melodies like a regular Amott pre-pussification! There are even some killer single songs on here, the growler and title track Breed Deadness Blood, the next track, a catchy and growl-along number called Dark Reverie (seriously great chorus lyrics/vocals!) and the last track, DIVINITY OBSKYUUAWR! Overall, I'm pretty sure it's illegal in every country to dislike old-school SweDM especially when being full of tight leads and rhythm guitars, pounding straightforward drumming and excellent guttural and evil vocals!! Hell yes! BUY OR DIE.
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote