Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 greatest guitarists in rock
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 AM   #68 (permalink)
almauro
Way Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
They are formulaic bordering upon insanity. In Search Of... is complete dreck. Every riff is laden with heavy distortion and the songs are trite and prescribed. He took from Kyuss and other desert rock acts and made it ****tier and ****ter until it was utterly indistinguishable as music. I tried time and time again to develop some respect or like for the band, but I have come to realize that Fu Manchu was nothing. They may not be the worst band ever, but I wouldn't call it a stretch to imagine it.
Now listen, Luci...You don't know WTF your talking about. Fu Manchu were awesome up until "King of the Road". It's just ridiculous to call anything Glass did as formulaic because half the time he played by feel and flat out jammed. Lastly, if you actually did know anything, you'd realize they were bedrock of the stoner scene Kyuss created, with Brandt Bjork (in case you don't know, he was Kyuss's drummer) producing them in 94' and latter joining them on another one of their classics, "The Action is Go." Your comments "Taken from Kyuss"..."Indistinguishable music"? Have you actually played a Fu Manchu record. If you actually had listened to Fu you'd realize two things: A) They don't sound at all like Kyuss. For starter, they had a dual guitar attack. B) Fricken NOBODY sounded like Fu Manchu. Why? Because they were originators. Deal with it.

Last edited by almauro; 07-12-2008 at 06:51 AM.
almauro is offline   Reply With Quote