Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery
Thread: Slavery
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Slavery was always about exploitation. What sort of connection are you making between poor white people and black slaves? Where is the data that says there were just as many poor white

people working the fields? Were the black slaves payed, or does the room and board count as payment? Is slavery just a different kind of social system?

you are right, slavery is always about exploitation,...HOWEVER i dont think its always about race, which is what people wanna jump to first

ok,...so y'all may lynch me for sayin this myself,....but yep, for the time period,.....i see slavery as a different kind fo social system, and one that was implimented for agricultural purposes,......yes, there were just as many poor whites workin fields as their were black,....do you think black people are the only folks out there who know how to pick cotton? if you read more about the king cotton south you'll learn that there were all different races doing this work, that information is compiled through old journals and the like of the time,......room and board counting as payment,.....yes, in my mind, in that time, i feel that it did,.....

sure is slavery is wrong, but it happened, and its not the end of the world like people wanna make it out to be

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote