Music Banter - View Single Post - Multi Effect Pedal
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

right now i've got...

dod fx75 - stereo flanger
ebow
electro harmonix holy grail reverb
boss oc2 - octaver
boss hf2 - flanger
danelectro - dan echo (delay)
electro harmonix big muff (russian)
dod dfx9 - digital delay
dod fx 53 - classic tube (distortion)
dod fx 84 - milk box (compressor)
vox wah-wah
dunlop crybaby bass wah
ibanez pt-1000 phaser tone
two cheap plastic volume pedals (by far the most important effects in my bag)

i'd take a pic but i don't have spare batteries for my camera. another thing to keep in mind is that i really dig on shoegaze and more experimental sounds when i play guitar so i actually WANT dirty tone.

typically what i would end up doing when i played with friends is plug my guitar into the stereo flanger then use that as a signal splitter then have one effect chain (fx 53 / hf2 / reverb / volume) going into a dark sounding amp (cut the highs and boost the lows). i'd counter that with a second effect line (oc2 - vox - df9 - volume) going into my old 40W marshall that has a crazy bright sound.

if no one was going to be playing bass that day i'd toss in those extra pedals (muff / pt1000 / dan echo / bass wah) into my regular mix.

at that point the volume pedals become integral to mixing your sound on the fly so you can get nice live panning effects or dynamic tone shifts. but where i spent most of my cash on performance gear i never invested in proper recording gear so anything that was recorded in my jam room was done through the built in mic in my friend's old macbook.

feel free to check out the link in my sig for an example of how messy my tone got hahaha (i recommend headphones to better hear the subtleties due to the low recording quality)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote