Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Gibson SG would you buy?, Please help me choose one
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
spook
Music Addict

Have to agree with littleknowitall here.
Any Les Paul will hold it's value better, have a better range of sounds and will be less fragile if it gets a knock or two, (which is inevitable if you're planning gigging with it).
I'm not a big Gibson fan, having played many of their guitars, but in your shoes, I'd buy a Les Paul, an Explorer or a 335, or better still refer to my previous answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong01 View Post
Yeah buying things without having even touching them generally isn't the best thing to do, especially since you're spending so much. Try your local music store and see what they have, just my 2 cents.
Plus you can haggle with them and get the price down, and maybe some extra strings, strap, straplocks and picks thrown in the price!
REMEMBER they WANT you to spend your cash! - most music stores have 100% mark up on instruments, so they can afford it.