Music Banter - View Single Post - Kosmiche Musik/Krautrock
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Progman
Groupie

Hi all,

New to Music banter and delighted to see a great thread on one of my favourite subjects Kautrock/Kosmische

I have read the Cope book and it is indeed a great starter for any one getting into the Genre but ties itself down to the artists mentioned in the already posted top 50. A far better reference is the online version of the crack in the cosmic egg which covers just anything that came out of Germany at this period (including Mythos)

myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/krautrockers.html"The Crack In The Cosmic Egg" light version

For beginners start off with the regulars Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Can and Neu! From there on go to Harmonia, Cluster and Faust. Faust have a great webpage with a lot of their songs posted on it

faust-pages.com/

I saw them in Cork Ireland a month ago, great stuff indeed!

Then really span out, some of my personal favourites are the more prog-rock-spacejazz bands such as Gurur Guru, Dyzan, Agitation Free, Cosmic Jokers, or if Acid folk is your thing check out BroselMaschine or Holderlin

Amon Duul II are a fantastic band and I have a lot of their lps, but also check out Amon Duul which have these great psychadelic-acid folk jams

Its a great genre, I got into it about 4 years ago, and I'm totally hooked. Its very odd and very avant garde but well worth the effort

There is a good online radio for Krautrock here

krautrock-world.com/english_index.html]Krautrock-World, DAS Krautrock Internetradio und Forum

I cant post urls properly as I am a newbie, but just add the www in front to reach the link
Progman is offline   Reply With Quote