Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate MB Top 25 Artists Lists
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

This sounds like a great thread idea.

The Fall - For whatever reason, are considered the essential post punk band by many. They bore me, if you're gonna make simple music at least put a little more life into it. IMO Pavement took their sound and made it infinitely better.

The Clash - I love em, but I prefer their more ambitious work to their earlier punk material.

David Bowie - Is top 10 for me. Its hard to pick a favorite era, I prefer his glam stuff but I'm really getting into Low. A completely different experience.

Rolling Stones - Never thought of them as more than decent. I never understood what was so freaking amazing about them.

Motorhead - Haven't heard much from them.

The Cure - I only have Disintegration, but I really love it.

Primal Scream - Need to hear more from this band, Screamadelica is insanely good.

Alice Cooper - I think he's great, though I never really got too heavly into him and am only familiar with his earlier work.

Radiohead - ...

Can - A respectable and very original band. But they have a lot of material that bores me and just seems too abstract for it's own good.

Sterolab - Only have Emperor Tomato Ketchup. Really good album, but I'm not really interested enough to get another album from them.

Nick Cave - This guy has had a lot of hype lately, and I'm impartial to him, on one hand The Boatmans Call is a really good album, on the other, I find a lot of his stuff to be boring crooning that seems custom made for a Robert Altman film.

Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Errrrrrrrr. I'll get back to you on this one.

Jesus & The Mary Chain - I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of this band. But for whatever reason, playing dull "pop" songs over the sound of chainshaws and vacuum cleaners really appeals to people.

Captain Beefheart - Awesome.

Husker Du - I love New Day Rising, but I find a lot of their earlier stuff particularly Zen Arcade to be pretty unlistenable.

Crass - Libertine stuff is great, I don't like the Ignorant era stuff.

Sly & The Family Stone - Need to hear more from them, but they just don't excite me like P-Funk do.

Deerhoof - Now I have to be honest, I freaking hate this band. I don't think I've ever had a more dificult time trying to listen to a band than Deerhoof. Seriously, they sound like the freaking Shaggs.

Iggy Pop - Never cared for him at all, certainly not his solo material, and even The Stooges I am impartial to.

AC/DC - I think they're great and all, but to have everything by this band is seriously pretty pointless. And they really should retire.

The Who - One of my favorite bands. Though that should be something we share in common, I know you mostly only like their earlier material and hate Tommy and Whos Next, which predictably are my favorites.

Black Sabbath - I don't know anyone who dosen't like Black Sabbath thats not a blue haired old Christian lady.

Sonic Youth - Love em.

Public Image Ltd - They have some interesting material, Levene has a really cool guitar style. But I find several of their songs to be rather annoying and just too miminalist and repetitive. Anything with Johnny Rotten involved can only be tollerated for so long.

Now it's my turn.

King Crimson
Yes
The Beatles
The Residents
Radiohead
Minutemen
Pink Floyd
The Flaming Lips
Björk
The Replacements
Nirvana
Super Furry Animals
Led Zeppelin
Brian Eno
The Smashing Pumpkins
Buzz****s
Incubus
Gentle Giant
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
Pavement
Parliament/Funkadelic
The Clash
Porcupine Tree
AC/DC
My Bloody Valentine

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote