Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate MB Top 25 Artists Lists
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Let's go ahead and make this a spin-off thread eh?

Urban's 25

The Fall - Tried to like, but I just can't

The Clash - Brilliant band, London Calling is a top 20 album of mine (just recently realized how much I love it), Sandinista and the debut are top 100's.

David Bowie - A little to out there at times for me, but I admirer his work greatly.

The Rolling Stones - yuck. As much I love some of the music, the last few live shoes I've seen plus the lack of quality releases in 2+ decades dulls them greatly.

Motörhead - Here's how you know I'm not a real fan. I fucking love "ace of Spades"

The Cure - Best goth rockers ever. Disintegration is among the most underrated albums of all time. #26 on my most played list, will pass Weezer soon as the new album is now out of my rotation.

Primal Scream - Downloaded some music becuase of your 100 thread, it's growing on me.

Alice Cooper - Love it. Live is awesome and I have an autograophed bottle of hot sauce from him.

Radiohead - Very good band, although I think their fans greatly over value them.

Can - Can't

Stereolab - If ignorance is bliss...then I am blissful toward Sterolab (care to up me a 5 song comp?)

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Great sound, Dig Lazarus is good album, my knowledge of the band extended as far as "red right hand" a few years back.

Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - No idea who this is, but I love the name.

The Jesus and Mary Chain - I like em' but I refuse to call them great. It's quirky, interesting music.

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - My borthers all0time favorite, but he likes weird music.

Hüsker Dü - Bought an album, but yet to listen.

Crass - I still pop Christ the album on the turntable every now and then. Overall I'd say impartial unless someone has a real strong opinion of them one way or the other.

Sly & The Family Stone - A lot of awful albums, but a few great ones.

Deerhoof - Haven't heard anything that hooked me.

Iggy Pop - No thanks

AC/DC - I love that one song that sounds like all the other ones. A guilty pleasure.

The Who - Great Band.

Black Sabbath - Loved em' in my teens. Still a fan of the early stuff in particular.

Sonic Youth - I just don't get it.

Public Image Ltd. - Never listened to.

Boo Boo 25

King Crimson - Thought they were underrated until i got here. Red is my favorite of theirs.

Yes - Never got into them, but i dig it.

The Beatles - Never heard of em'

The Residents - I'd evict them

Radiohead - Already covered

Minutemen - Very little experience listening.

Pink Floyd - Favorite prog band

The Flaming Lips - Never appealed to me.

Björk - Not for me, music annoys me.

The Replacements - Had a phase where I was a fan.

Nirvana - In Utero works for me, overall I am growing more and more disinterested.

Super Furry Animals - Just a few songs I've heard I don't care for.

Led Zeppelin - Best rock band ever

Brian Eno - Roxy Music was great

The Smashing Pumpkins - Strikes me as arrogant music with little substance.

Buzz****s - Never listened to

Incubus - Love S.C.I.E.N.C.E, make yourself and morning view.

Gentle Giant -

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Covered this one

Pavement - Another band I don't get.

Parliament/Funkadelic - P Funk rocks

The Clash - Covered it

Porcupine Tree - Still trying to like this music. I think an interview with the band ruined it for me. No personality at all.

AC/DC - Covered it

My Bloody Valentine - I'll pass based on what I've heard.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote