Music Banter - View Single Post - Most inaccessible albums/artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Default Most inaccessible albums/artists ever

I'm willing to try anything, but theres stuff out there nowadays that makes Henry Cow sound like The Monkees. What are the most inaccessible artists and albums in your opinion?

Theres stuff that once upon a time would have been considered incredibly inacessible, but now we'll call it pop, we call My Bloody Valentine pop, but if they were around 30 years earlier, they wouldn't have been considered pop, they would have been considered insane. So it depends on the person really.

Some things that are accessible to me are not accessible to others, and some stuff thats considered accessible to others is not at all accessible to me. One good example is Psychocandy by The Jesus & Mary Chain, for whatever reason this album is considered "pop". Pretty much anything could be considered pop these days, I mean you make songs that sound like they were recorded at a construction site, and somehow people not only call it pop, they even call it accessible. Well not for me, to me it just sounds like Metal Machine Music with someone humming Beach Boys melodies over it, that dosen't make it accessible.

Then theres Lightning Bolt and Sunn O))) X_x

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote