Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #297 (permalink)
COBHCNick
Groupie

Not gonna do 10 because these songs have such sentimental meaning.

"Trains" by Porcupine Tree.
One of my best, dearest friends Carolyn...the first thing we talked about was music. We began a tradition of sharing our music with each other and this was one of the first songs I showed her. It quickly became "our" song and every now and then out of the blue if shes thinking about me she'll text message me "always the summers are slipping away", the chorus line.

"Heart Shaped Box" by Nirvana
When I was a kid, Nirvana was probably the first band I fell in love with and listened to the whole album rather than just the singles. This song always stuck out to me as being of the most expression pieces of rock music Ive ever heard.

"In My Darkest Hour" by Megadeth
When I was a suicidal teen in high school, this song helped me through the rough times. I use to pick up my guitar, BLARE this song and try to play along as best I could. Over and over. It really let out of frustration.

"Follow The Reaper" by Children of Bodom
After the break up of my longest relationship, I was struggling and drinking all the time. Listening to this song, and album in general again like the Megadeth song, helped me vent my frustrations so I was more capable of handling the days.

"Waking Up Beside You" by Stabbing Westward
I started listening to SW when I was about 14, long before I knew about love or relationships but there was something about this song and the sense of longing that made me really 'feel' what he was singing about though I may not have known from experience.