Music Banter - View Single Post - Most inaccessible albums/artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
No you don't quite get it. Something could be accessible and still not appeal to you.

"Inaccessible" for the most part is used to describe something that is so out there that it makes you ponder if it even qualifies as music.
I realize that I can not like something that's accessible (I think the Beatles are extremely "accessible" and I don't like them), but as detached as I get, I can't see how people who whine about how popular music is just a bunch of noise can eat up AC/DC albums.

By your definition, it's all down to the current fashion. In the 1950's, Elvis Presley could have been considered inaccessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHCNick View Post
You guys think the Beach Boys are inaccessible? Really? I cant think of a single Beach Boys song that isn't consonant like the whole way through...they never used disonance which is usually what would make a artist inaccessible.
Well, I suppose that given their reputation and most reviews of their music that I've read, they are considered accessible, but I don't understand why. The melodies seem dirge-like to me and the music ranges from bland to forgettable, with a stop off at generic. This isn't a critical review (that same description could be applied to some of the bands I actually like), just my reasoning as to why I don't see why they're "accessible." I'm not denying that they are, just saying that I don't really get it.