Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #96 (permalink)
COBHCNick
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
How about his stance of religion. 2006 on his podcast "There is no place for personal faith in government"

2008 shortly before clinching votes for nomination: "I will consult my faith before every decision I make, right and right and wrong is wrong..."

If you've followed him as long as I have you'd notice a distinct change. he does not even do the podcast anymore. Every word is so carefully chosen, so insincere. Name one thing that will be different if he becomes president.
Because you believe that personal faith has no place in government, doesn't mean you should entirely abandon your beliefs and become an atheist. The difference between Obama and Bush is that, Obama knows where to draw the line. He won't make faith-based policies. I'm sure he looks to his beliefs when making a decision that will effect hundreds of millions of lives, and I think thats profoundly different than invited the Pope to come hang out at the white house like Bush did. I've been following Obama since 04, and actually really wanted him to run then because I felt Kerry was so weak. But of course, Obama's inexperience wouldve stopped him dead in his tracks there. And yes his words now are carefully chosen...they have to be. You know how the politics game is, I've still seen conservatives jerking off to Obama saying he's been to 57 states. One. Simple. Mistake. And they eat it up.

And if I have to name one thing that will be different, then theres really no point whatsoever in trying to talk to you about it because nothing I say is going to change your mind.