Music Banter - View Single Post - VH1 Rock Honors Concert -July 17-
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Phoenix View Post
I do, and surely if it's this great important "honor" they're receiving, shouldnt they/you want the best of the best talking about them? not some "know nothing" band/celebrity that has no cred musically?. I have no problem with someone who actually likes the bands/musicians being honored, hosting the show, it's the ones who know nothing about the artist I dont like.
And how do you assume they know nothing about the band?

Quote:
But if it were your precious Kurt Cobain they cut off? my money's on you'd be here tomorrow bashing them profusely about it?
Thats because Kurt actually had interesting things to say.

Gene is just an arrogant jerk who talks about how much he loves money and how much he "earned it" and how music should only be about partying and having a good time and blah blah blah.

Quote:
Not at all, I like alot of music, I'm not a huge Foreigner/night ranger fan, and even if I were, so what? YOU don't like them, big deal. I'm sure we disagree on ALOT of things musically? that's what makes things like this board so great. I've stated from the beginning that I'm a huge 80's fan, moreso the new wave/synthpop/dark 80s/pop stuff, but, there's some stuff i do like from different genre's, I may not be as psyched or crazy about it as you are, doesnt make me wrong, just dont see what all the fuss is about with alot of these bands? Even some I like?
That dosen't warrant calling these bands non-credible.

Quote:
Maybe when everyone's asleep?, b/c I surely don't see much.
Thats what I said.

Quote:
Never said Flaming lips were a ****ty band, Im basing my opinion on most of these young "Panic @ the Disco" type bands they throw on stage during these "honors shows"
Yeah and that dosen't apply to any of those bands.

Quote:
and claim they're huge fans of them(the artists)? Thats what irked me about the first one. I think they honored Judas Priect then, and one of the guys forgot the lyrics to the song they were "covering", yet, during every minute of the performance practically, we had to hear about how they were so "Influenced by them"?
Well that was Godsmack, and they're horrible.

Quote:
I like Pearl Jam, dont like that they release a new album every six months to milk the band, but I like them, and they aren't bad musicians either.
Whats wrong with being prolific? It worked for Zappa.

Quote:
Incubus, are ok, nothing more, I would put them in the same type of category of :Korn/Limp Bizkit, Stain'd, etc.
Ouch.

I've always hated that Incubus are lumped into the nu metal crowd. Nu metal has always been either about "Hey we're macho and can totally kick your ass" like Limp Bizkit or "woe is me my life sucks" like Linkin Park. Incubus took the exact opposite approach. Unlike any of those bands you mentioned they are actually very talented musicians and they're only lumped into the nu metal category because they have a DJ and used to sport dreadlocks.

Quote:
Im glad you enjoyed it, I didnt watch it, per what happened @ the last one, once i saw that stuff going on, I knew it wasn't a very good show.

Quote:
Not at all, I suppose I feel the same way about you, as all you did was talk @ nauseum as to how great Nirvana was? I'm not sure of the habits of 12 yr olds, but i can assure you of one thing: if my claim to fame was me selling music to 12 yr olds, I wouldnt take myself too serious as a musician? and neither should anyone else.
I'm pretty sure not all Nirvana fans are 12 year olds.

Quote:
Really? 100+ million people they've sold records to "dont care about them anymore"? hmmm.. and MILLIONS of fans worldwide, certainly would be an indication that they did? Thats actually a blanket statement, as you can make the same case for your buddies in Nirvana, or any other band for that matter?
Well I prefer Nirvana by a whole lot.

To me KISS were just an average bar band who became superstars because of their stage antics.

Quote:
Like I said in a previous post: If YOU don't like them, fine, but they're very successful, regardless of any reason you or I can come up with, they are.
Then by that reasoning you shouldn't call any successful band crap.

Quote:
No I measure a bands credibility by alot of things, the bands i saw @ the RH I watched, didnt look like they wanted to be there, can I help it if I simply pointed that out? If you took Fall out Boy as someone "credible" or Sum 41 as the same, you should be watching bands like Limp Bizkit, and the like, why? they have about the same amount of "credibility" as I'm talking about.
And you're comparing Flaming Lips, Pearl Jam and Incubus to these?

Quote:
I didn't see it, but I heard about it on local radio, and they disliked it too.
Where do you live, because if its anywhere in America it's probably some old fogeys who listen to Ram Jam all day and wouldn't know a good modern band if one bit them in the ass.

Quote:
I'm all for the Who being honored, as they're a decent band, and they deserve it I guess.
Uh...

Quote:
Again, didn't see it, but I like any performance the Foo Fighters do, as I like the band. Why not have them host it? that wouldve been the "credibility" I was talking about, that so many of todays bands lack? I like Dave's opinion's, even when they were against Kurt's.(laughing)
I'm sorry, you said the Foo Fighters were the only good thing about it, that implies to me that you seen it. Obviously you don't even know what you're talking about.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote