Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #131 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
No, you do what any truly generous person would. You give up everything you own and give it to the poor since you care so much for them. I doubt you will, so you really don't care about them as much as you think you do.

The point is that until your own property is on the line, you won't show your true colors.
My dad makes 80k and my mom makes 110k ish (I think)...but we live in a colonial house house with 2 bedrooms (I share a room with my bro) and my parents are always donating to our food pantry in our town, american cancer society, and the salvation army. I can honestly say everything my parents do they do as cheaply as possible, they don't buy extravagant things at all. I have had to buy my own things by working a job when I turned 14. I bet (don't know for sure though) they work for a long time and still donate money to the salvation army (they always donate to that a ton). And they ALWAYS support raising taxes even if it hurts them. Because it helps other people more than it would help us.

And you talk about my ideas like I am going to peoples houses at gunpoint and stealing their life savings, I simply want higher taxes, especially the ridiculously rich.

But it's okay to call me hypocrite (as if that matters in the argument) because you know me real well.

Quote:
A Revelation! I ask myself the same question and people always respond by calling me an idealist.
If we let people live on their own, what point is there for the government? They don't make any money without taxes anyways? They couldn't support an army defend our country.
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote