Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #132 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
My dad makes 80k and my mom makes 110k ish (I think)...but we live in a colonial house house with 2 bedrooms (I share a room with my bro) and my parents are always donating to our food pantry in our town, american cancer society, and the salvation army. I can honestly say everything my parents do they do as cheaply as possible, they don't buy extravagant things at all. I have had to buy my own things by working a job when I turned 14. I bet (don't know for sure though) they work for a long time and still donate money to the salvation army (they always donate to that a ton). And they ALWAYS support raising taxes even if it hurts them. Because it helps other people more than it would help us.
So? My point is that until you have given everything, including your life, you don't care enough.

Quote:
And you talk about my ideas like I am going to peoples houses at gunpoint and stealing their life savings, I simply want higher taxes, especially the ridiculously rich.
You are talking about using aggression to get someone else's property, which is what taxes do, and use it towards something to support someone you care about. So, while you may not be stealing there life savings, it is technically stealing.

Quote:
But it's okay to call me hypocrite (as if that matters in the argument) because you know me real well.
My point is to show you that you don't really care about these people as much as you say you do. If you did, you would be living on the streets and you wouldn't own anything because you would take their place as one of the poor people.

Quote:
If we let people live on their own, what point is there for the government? They don't make any money without taxes anyways? They couldn't support an army defend our country.
They could support though! It would just be through privatized funding from people who support that protective force.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote