Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #137 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
It happens all the time in every government. They raise taxes, its their right as the legislative branch to do it. If you live in America you abide by the laws set in place. Everyone has their own set of rights to life, liberty, and property, but the government gets to make the decision. This is a republic, not a full blown anarchist free for fall.
Actually according the Constitution federal income tax in supposed to be voluntary so no its not their right. This is why i don't pay federal income tax because the system is abused, it's why Florida abolished state income tax. And they don't all raise taxes, Ron Paul has never supported or voted in favor of a single tax hike.

The government is supposed to make decisions that reflect the will of the people. It's a democratic republic of course, and if you think personal choice and freedom are indicative or reflective of Anarchy you live in the wrong country.

There is a fundamental difference in our philosophy; you would rather trust the government to do the right thing and I'd rather trust the individual. That's all this argument is, everything else is just semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote