Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #139 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Actually according the Constitution federal income tax in supposed to be voluntary so no its not their right. This is why i don't pay federal income tax because the system is abused, it's why Florida abolished state income tax. And they don't all raise taxes, Ron Paul has never supported or voted in favor of a single tax hike.

The government is supposed to make decisions that reflect the will of the people. It's a democratic republic of course, and if you think personal choice and freedom are indicative or reflective of Anarchy you live in the wrong country.

There is a fundamental difference in our philosophy; you would rather trust the government to do the right thing and I'd rather trust the individual. That's all this argument is, everything else is just semantics.
Fair enough, or they can just raise property taxes even higher based on the amount of land they own. Florida struggles because of the lack taxes, they don't have amazing public schools as they could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Sorry, but what Ron Paul supports is a minor government that protects basic individual rights, and that is all I want right now. I am supporting the libertarian viewpoint. The one, which our country was actually found it on. Then the radical Christians and evangelicals decided that everyone had to follow their rules. Now America is ruined because of it.

Who said that these companies would be running a large country? What if there were companies running individual communities? What if the "fatcats" were the government and you have to pay them in order for them to try and satisfy their greed? They will wholeheartedly give you your basic rights because the natural human instinct of selfishness will kick in and you are the only way to support it.

Trust me, I acknowledge that the idea isn't perfect, but we would end up much, much better than we are now.
Our country created government and its laws to prevent the 'mobocracy' where it's pure democracy. The day business's run communities is the day when America fails.

I am not sure I would support your idea, but anything is worth a shot since America has gone down the crapper economically. Iraq war, too much social security/welfare, and population boom and all our money is going to the wrong places.
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote