Music Banter - View Single Post - The MusicBanter 2008/9 Compilation Is Here
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Blonde Redhead - 23 - 9/10: Great atmosphere to it, love the shoegaze guitars.

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul - 10/10: Great simple pop song, really love this.

Ride - Black Night Crash - 8/10: A good hard rockin' kind of song.

Six Finger Satellite - Coke and Mirrors - 10/10: This might be my favorite, love the synths and the bassline and overall just a great chill song.

Akphaezya - Reflection - 10/10: Most so called prog metal dosen't really sound prog at all to me, but this certainly does. I really really really like this, random and all over the place but just cohesive and catchy enough, the chicks vocals are really odd and are a bit Plant-ish, which I like. This is a band I certainly need to check out.

The Ruby Suns - Blue Penguin - 10/10: Then again, THIS might be my favorite. Kind of a post rock kinda thing going for it, I love the eerie sound of it and the vocal harmonies. This is really great.

Screetching Weasel - What We Hate - 2/10: Meh, run of the mill punk stuff if you ask me, I've heard this all before, way too many times.

Englis Beat - March of the Swivelheads - 10/10: Ska is totally something I need to get into more, great beat and a great sound overall.

Gentle Giant - Prologue - 10/10: Well of course I'm gonna rate it a 10, I picked it.

Channel One - Rhythm & Purpose - 10/10: This is the kinda music that seems custom made for an action scene in a cyberpunk film.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Jesus of the Moon - 9/10: Not the biggest fan of Caves voice, but I love the sound of the drums and the strings, sweet little flute solo too. What album is this from?

Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays - 8/10: Is this a Garfield reference? Anyway, this is a rather corny sounding song, but in a really cool kind of way.

Lifter Puller - Manpark - 8/10: Really neat art punk kind of song.

The Walkman - Canadian Girl - 9/10: Odd production, sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom. This was kinda underwhelming at first but I've grown to really like it, love the vocals.

The Kinks - Sunday Afternoon - 10/10: What more can be said about The Kinks?

Skeleton Crew - Birds of Japan - 10/10: Wow, I completely forgot about Fred Friths other band. This guy really is a genius. This is the kind of great avant prog I've been looking for. I have to hear more from these guys.

Graf Orlock - The Dream Left Behind - 4/10: Well, I like when the Jurassic Park theme kicks in.

I rate this compilation a 10.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.