Music Banter - View Single Post - Opeth : Watershed
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
I still find Porcelain Heart to be a bit bland and boring
I love that track...prolly my 3rd favorite now from the album.(only after Burden & Heir Apparent...akerfeldt's vocals are so brutal there)

Anyways, i find that most ppl who dislike this release is mainly on the basis that they haven't progressed all that much. I do kinda understand that argument, but I'm still far from being bored my them. One should just enjoy their consistency. Still very few bands out there try to copy their style.(unlike what happened to 'melo-death' which i just ignore now-a-days) I mean, give me any of their release and I'd still enjoy listening to it.
And their sound is definitely changing imo...The usual long structure and harsh/clean vocals thingy still exist, but the atmosphere doesn't feel the same at all...not to mention, akerfeldt's harsh vocals has definitely changed a bit. More in the vein of Unblessing the purity.
The only thing I'm worried about now is Roadrunner Records. I don't care even if they sell out(or whatever it's called) as long as they do their own thing and nothing influenced by the record label.

EDIT:After another listen, Porcelain Heart has got a bit boring...It's still catchy but i think the problem is that it stretches for too long and way too formulative...But Heir Apparent just becomes better and better with each listen. Quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Last edited by Demonoid; 07-29-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote