Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #313 (permalink)
TROY148
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
I have to side with Urban here, i think the art of making a brilliant pop song is just as technical and demanding of talent as it would be with any sort of complex rock music or whatever, so it attracts those sort of fans as well.
This is coming from someone who in the last 4 years has had their musical taste evolve dramatically to cover most spectrums, at the end of the day it's still a genius, infectious pop song that will floor me over anything. And i know i'm definitely not alone there.
I have to disagree with you here, do you truly believe that pop tracks such as "This is Why I'm Hot" or anything by R. Kelly or Avril Lavigne (often played on U.S. radio) can compare technically to the likes of Radiohead? I have to respectfully label that as b.s. (for lack of a better term) pop tracks are like popping a pill, you get a high for a bit and then it's over, you may lsten to it later to get the same little high but for the most part, it's artificial. Also, many acts considered "pop" are in it for the money rather than artistic fulfillment, so while I will never label any form of music as "garbage" I have to say pop music does not compare technically to a group like Radiohead.
TROY148 is offline   Reply With Quote