Music Banter - View Single Post - North Carolina is pretty much way cooler than wherever you live
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

The Raymond Brake

No youtube, no myspace so you'll just have to go by the eloguently worded paragraph to ifnd out if you want check these guys out. I'll happily share. Unlike the previously mentioned bands these guys are no longer together. I'm not sure when they formed but they released a 7" split with Rebar (Greensboro, NC) and two full lengths respectively in 94, 95 and 96 and eventually broke up in 98. Really no amount of mindless babling will do as much as me saying that these are the lost Polvo recordings between Cor-Crane Street and Today's Active Lifestyles and these Greensboro assholes just stamped their name on it. When I was 14 I found Today's Active Lifestyles on this forum and I was just blown away. Not to be trite but it really changed my life because I thought NC sucked and wished I lived in the musical wonderlands of Chicago or DC. These guys come the closest that I've ever heard to recreating that feeling and sound while still retaining some sort of identity most notably through Piles of Dirty Winters.