Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #657 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Not a bad price if its good weed. And the crystals and red hair just means there is more THC (which is what you want). So the flashier it is, tends to mean its better weed. Usually you can just tell by the smell though.

DXM is what you take when you have a runny nose, sore throat, or allergies. Its in most cough medicines, and is the reason you do not take much. If you have heard of someone drinking a bottle to feel better, all it will do is make them trip.

That is the reason when you see commercials these days they stress that is tastes really bad so that kids wont go out and down it.
What? You live in Pittsburgh and you think that $130 is a GOOD price for 1/2 ounce? Dealers traffic hundreds of pounds through Charrington every day, and it's like $150 at most for an ounce of good-quality bud.

And just so you know, flashiness isn't necessarily an indication of good weed. Sure, strands like Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, and White Widow have unusuallly high concentrations of THC and they're pretty flashy, but most deviations in color are just differences in chlorophyll levels. In fact, from my experience, a lot of flashy weed can be bad. Designer labeled weeds that showcase a menagerie of colors are notorious for their lack of THC, because growers introduce new plants for hybridization. Without an adequate presence of cannabis, the THC levels drop dramatically. I've smoked some flashy stuff, and no matter how many bowls I packed I just got a slight lightheaded buzz.

From my experience, the smell is a much surer way to determine quality. Stinky weed is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsb1094 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been touched upon yet, but THC you can not overdose on, the rest you can. So what is the best drug now?
Wrong. Conventional methods of using nicotine and caffeine prevent you from ingesting more than your body can handle at any one time. It's like drinking beer. You can't get alcohol poisoning from just drinking beer. You throw up or you pass out before you can ingest enough. Furthermore, there are no known cases of overdose on LSD or psychedelic mushrooms. Just bad trips.

And actually, most overdoses are not actually "over" doses, they're just instances when two drugs interact (to the misfortune of the victim). Countless people die each year because they don't realize that.

Last edited by lucifer_sam; 08-01-2008 at 07:46 PM.
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote