Music Banter - View Single Post - By the way, which one's Pink?-Pink Floyd reviewed
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #90 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

I have reviewed the discography and found that without question Dark Side and Animals are my favorites.

Most of all I'd like to thank jackhammer for putting this together. Great thread, I love all the discography threads, especially when I love the band as much as I do Floyd. Reviewing their albums over the last two weeks was truly a delight.

Overall I'd rank them as such:

1. Darkside of the Moon - Near Perfection
2. Animals - Haha Charade you are
3. Wish You Were Here - Most melodic and musically sound album
4. Meddle - Brilliant at moments but lackluster at others. At a time my favorite of theirs. Fearless is flawless.
5. The Wall - No sure why Urban and Jack hate this one; a bit over rated maybe, but a ton of great songs and a brilliant story.
6. Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Syd Barrett had already lost it and it hurt this album. Great music, but I am left wonderinf what if.
7. Atom Heart Mother - Overlooked album, very raw, but very good.
8. Saucer Full OF Secrets - This one is great, but has no structure or order, this band could have been the greatest ever. God dammit Syd.
9. A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Not really like a Pink Floyd Album when i hear it but I like it.
10. Obscured by Clouds - Probably the best of their soundtrack work.

Thanks again hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote