Music Banter - View Single Post - Lupe Fiasco
Thread: Lupe Fiasco
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
TROY148
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4LIFE View Post
I heard somewhere that he mighta been a huge heroin dealer along with his friend, Chilly (whos now serving 45 years in prison for narcotic distribution). supposedly he was talkin on the phone with Chilly about "red" and "yellow" ones, which he testified as just protools markings. but if youve ever seen The Wire, or know anything about heroin distribution, you know that Red and Yellow caps ARE NOT ****in Protools markings hahahaa. I dont know man, he also kinda hints at it on a few songs on The Cool.
The Cool was a concept album- it's not about him, it's about the characters he created. For now, I think it's safe to assume Lupe's clean. I'm actually feeling a lot of his stuff, I don't see how it is a club sound though. I couldn't see people dancing to "Kick, Push". If you dig deeper into Lupe Fiasco's catalogue (I mean his mixtape only, non-album stuff) he sounds like a different MC. Both the production and rapping style change. He still touches on the story of The Cool but he uses a lot of interesting wordplay you wouldn't hear from most MC's. Here's a good example it's off of his "Revenge of the Nerds" mixtape ( http://datpiff.com/Lupe-Fiasco-Reven...html&no_cj_c=1 ) The song is called "Switch" Lupe raps as multiple personalities throughout the song. Another I would suggest is "Lupe The Killer" YouTube - Lupe Fiasco: Lupe The Killer watch fro the wordplay in this one.
TROY148 is offline   Reply With Quote