Music Banter - View Single Post - By the way, which one's Pink?-Pink Floyd reviewed
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #91 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
1. Darkside of the Moon - Near Perfection
Perhaps one of the greatest produced albums and greatest use of special effects. People are going to kill me for saying this, but I can't rate it as their best album. I used to despise it because I didn't like the useless songs and disliked 'Gig', 'Money', 'Us And Them', but eventually loved it all. Still hate 'Any Colour You Like' though. They borrowed some stuff from previous albums so people look down on their other stuff because they hear this first.

Quote:
2. Animals - Haha Charade you are
So fricking amazing. Water's at his lyrical peak but they don't sacrifice words for music either. Features my favorite solo ever (Dogs) and Wright is in top form, and it contains some of the most angry lyrics...not your typical progressive rock album. This seems to be a short album but each of the three main songs are amazing and worth every second of the album.

Quote:
3. Wish You Were Here - Most melodic and musically sound album
I don't like 'Welcome to The Machine' or 'Have A Cigar'. 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond I-V' has moments where I am astounded by the sound they created. 'Wish You Were Here' is very good, but the other half of 'Diamond' underwhelming compared to the first part. Similar to Meddle like you said, great moments but bad moments too.

Quote:
4. Meddle - Brilliant at moments but lackluster at others. At a time my favorite of theirs. Fearless is flawless.
Yep. Meddle is sweet.

Quote:
5. The Wall - No sure why Urban and Jack hate this one; a bit over rated maybe, but a ton of great songs and a brilliant story.
4 god awful songs and 7 I plain don't like. The best are pretty good though. They definitly could have condensed it to 15 songs and retained most of the plot line.

Quote:
6. Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Syd Barrett had already lost it and it hurt this album. Great music, but I am left wonderinf what if.
This is my favorite album by PF (Animal's 2nd) but only because I worship the way they mixed cosmic psychedelia with Syd's pop melodies.
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote