Music Banter - View Single Post - Say Anything
Thread: Say Anything
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
vincredible
Groupie

I haven't had a chance to listen to In Defense yet, but for me, ...Is a Real Boy was very hit or miss. I like the band in general, but I only enjoyed about half of the songs on the album. I tried very hard to listen to the other half of the songs to see if they had more of a "grow on me" factor, but unfortunately I just didn't find anything interesting about them.

For instance, I find that [Woe, Alive With the Glory of Love, Yellow Cat (Slash) Red Cat, The Futile, and Every Man Has a Molly] are great, catchy songs. Unfortunately I can barely listen to the rest of the CD. I have to say, "Admit It!!!" is just ridiculous pseudo intellectual garble, but it was amusing the one time I happened to see them live to watch groups of people cheering on a song in which he was blatantly making fun of them. The chorus is fairly catchy as well.

Those were my impressions of the band.. I did spend a lot of time with "...Is a Real Boy" and gave it more than enough chances. The songs I liked, I loved, and the songs I didn't like, I hated. I guess that's why I haven't bothered to pick up the new album.
vincredible is offline   Reply With Quote