Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #65 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
In terms of the Pumpkins, i like the music but hate the band. I'd be intrigued to see if Billy Corgan can get any further up his own arse in the next few years.
Well Pumpkins are still one of my favorite bands, at least in the top 10 region for me.

I understand why people hate them though, they use the alternative label but they don't sound like an alternative band, alternative is supposed to be all about lo-fi production and miminalism, SP were the exact opposite, their songs were all layered and pure pomp. They had more in common with 70s arena rock bands like Queen and Rush than they ever did with Big Black or Dinosaur Jr.

And thats precisely the reason I love them, they brought back the pomp rock, not even todays prog bands do it quite like the Pumpkins did.

I think the bands decline started with Adore when they adopted an industrial rock sound, which is pretty much what f*cking everybody was doing in 1998.

As for grunge, it depends, I still love Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and The Melvins are pretty awesome. I don't care for Alice in Chains or Soundgarden though, but I admire their talent.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote