Music Banter - View Single Post - Birds and Blokes Lend Me your Ear
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Default Birds and Blokes Lend Me your Ear

A very interesting incident happened to me at work last night. I am a sever at an English Pub (in America). Its owned by "liverpudlians" and has come to know in the 29 years that it has been open as a great respite for the american and British-Americans alike. Last night I was serving a birthday party of about 20 "20 somethings". Most were American,but there ere about 4 or 5 English people in the group. The host, in keeping with true American "lets get severely drunk" protocol, decided to buy the entire party the quintessentially American "lets get severely Drunk" drink. Te name of this drink is an "Irish Car Bomb". If you are an american you've no doubt heard of it if not consumed many on afoggy very hard to recall the events of evening but for those of you "across the pond" who havent heard of this drink its 1/2 a pint of Guinness wits a shot of Jameson's Irish whiskey poured into it served with shot glass of Bailey's Irish cream on the side. You take the shot glass of baileys and drop it directly into the glass and then guzzle the whole thing down as quickly as you can. This is what young adults do to annihilate their brain cells in this country. OK, here's the rub. Upon consuming this beverage and then being told the name of the concoction. one of the english gentleman in the party became extremely irate and belligerent toward the gentleman who had ordered the round of drinks. "How would you like it if i served you a drink called an 'Alkida bomb' or a '9-11' " It was all we could do to reason with the man and let him know that there were no political or cultural implications being made, this is just what we drink when we want to get really messed up with our friends. my question to you all is "would you have gotten as offended or offended at all?" I feel I can see both sides. What do you think?
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote