Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #135 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

87 : SOUTHERN ROCK

I can get into soul and funk even though i'm not black. I can get into Krautrock even thought i'm not German , yet I just cannot get into this genre of music.

I put southern rock in the same category I put happy hardcore in that I can feel my brain cells melting when I listen to it. I don't know why that should be. Maybe because it's because I feel you have to own a pick up truck and shoot at furry mammals to appreciate it fully , maybe it's because I don't want a peice of music to make me feel like a redneck ... who knows. I don't normally look down on a genre of music if I can help it but in this case I can't help myself. It's like the American equivalent of chav music. In the UK you get chavs in souped up Vauxhall Novas blasting out drum & bass in the US you get rednecks in pick up trucks blasting out Southern Rock. To me it's the same thing.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote