Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #158 (permalink)
Meph1986
How High?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

85 : KANYE WEST

I don't really think there's that much point in listening to this guy's music. No matter how great you might think it is there's no possible way on earth you can think it's as great as what HE thinks it is.

I have to be honest and say that because I have virtually zero exposure to any music television stations (By choice) and I no longer listen to Radio 1 I have heard very little of his music. All I know is what little I have heard has not made me think that I am in the presence of a genius. In fact to be honest he just sounds like one of many millions of hip hop artists who seemingly run MTV these days and who are more interested in making a brand rather than making any original music. It makes me wonder if he's be better off working in marketing , at least that way he can make him money without polluting my ears with his inferior reheated versions of classic songs that quite frankly are better off without him. I don't care if he's a great producer , I don't care if he has great flow or beats , quite honestly i don't have enough knowledge of hip hop to judge. All I know is I prefer the orginals before he lays his gold encrusted paws all over them.

You think you can improve on Curtis Mayfield's Movin On Up?

F*ck off bling-boy
Kinda contradicted yourself here.