Music Banter - View Single Post - The Dark Knight (2008)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #134 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
As for his "****ty acting." I'm not sure whats so bad about it. Batman's always spoken with that terrible fake voice. Its supposed to be obviously bad. He's in a giant ****ing bat suit, did you expect him to be serious sounding? Its not Sifl & Olly. (/avoids "why so serious" comment)
I'm stepping out of "bitching about Batman's voice" retirement to reply to this.

If you didn't realize that voice was over the top and silly then you either have stock in the batman franchise and are paid to defend it or you are just so bat silly for this movie you will ignore how silly his voice was. No other Batman that I remember watching EVER put on such a stupid voice. They always just talked deep under their breath careful not to use any recognizable characteristics of their actual voice. They didn't sound like they had throat cancer. The movie was good, it wasn't the greatest but it was good... will it stand up in 30 years as a good movie, the fact it's a super hero movie does put some strikes against it. Lots of special effects makes it harder for a movie to hold up in a time where the special effects are far more advanced. The Godfather didn't use special effects, that movie holds up on a good storyline, good acting and the fact it was in color helps as well.