Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #387 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

The New Order - Declaration Of War

Band put together by Ron Asheton of The Stooges and Dennis Thompson of MC5 after those bands split up. Lead singer is a dead ringer for Bon Scott. The songs range from sounding like Stooges & MC5 stuff to AC/DC like stuff with a bit of 70s trad rock thrown in. Some of the lyrics are cheesy as hell ( "We are the Rock n Roll soldiers in the war against the jive ), but it's a fun album.

Tokyo Sex Destruction - Black Noise Is The New Sound

Spanish retro garage rock. Not original in the slightest but I don't really care when it comes to stuff like this.

Telstar Ponies - In The Space Of A Few Minutes

Hugely under-rated band who I am surprised are not more widely liked on this forum , seeing as they mix what's now known as post rock with krautrock , folk & noise. An odd combination but they manage to pull it off.

S*M*A*S*H - S*M*A*S*H* E.P

Pre Britpop new wave of new wave which was basically just a movement of bands inspired by the Clash and didn't sell any records. The politics are totally laughable but it's done with a naive charm and energy that make it appealing. And it's good to listen to some of the stuff I used to like as an impressionable teen from time to time.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote