Music Banter - View Single Post - I just made an awesome score.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post

If you read that closely it says LICENSED UNDER FLOYD ROSE PATENTS I have a peavey blah blah blah and it has a similar tuning system rigged up on it for like keeping it in tune with a wammy bar though i took mine off and I think I can see where you didn't actually recieve a whammy bar because it wasn't sold with the guitar, I've ordered another from eBay.
Fixed.

Dude, I've probably forgotten more about Ibanez guitars than most people ever know, trust me on this, thats an Ibanez bridge. It says EDGE in big letters on the tremolo block (Yes, I took it apart when I got it), it was made for Ibanez by Gotoh under Floyd Rose licensing (meaning, there are elements of the bridge that infringe on Floyd Rose patents, so Ibanez had to pay for a license to make this bridge, or face a lawsuit)

Also, floyd rose systems use a bar that screws in. This uses a bar that pops in and is held under tension by two white bushings on the bottom of the bar.

This bridge is held by popular opinion to be the best bridge system ibanez have ever made. The only reason they dont make it anymore is they made a redesign (Edge pro and Edge III) that cut out the floyd rose patents, so they don't have to pay floyd rose anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote