Music Banter - View Single Post - Freshening up - any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ditto
Groupie

Default Freshening up - any suggestions?

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forums and unfortunately a bit out of touch with the music scene. I'd like to freshen up my music collection, but I don't know where to start.

As far as my music taste, it's fairly broad. I do tend to shy away from most of the over played content on the local popular, teen oriented radio stations though. I like anything with a good beat or some kind of complexity to it. I'd say I mainly listen to rock, electronic and hip-hop type genres.

Some of the artists/groups I like are:

Anberlin
Bjork
Deftones
Falling Up
Gorillaz
Grits
Gwen Stefani
Missy Elliott
Mutemath
OMODAKA
Soul-Junk

I'm not really anti-mainstream or anti anything really, I've just been mostly out of the loop for a while. If anyone knows of any good artists or groups I should look into, I'd appreciate any advice.

I don't mind doing the research either, so if anyone knows of any good sites I should look into that would help as well. I was doing the online radio thing a couple years ago and I found a few good artists through there (like Mutemath) but I sort of fell out of that, too. Anyone know of any good online radio clients I should look into?

Thanks in advance!
Ditto is offline   Reply With Quote