Music Banter - View Single Post - I Hate The Beatles Hype.
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Faubioca
Groupie

Thumbs down I Hate The Beatles Hype.

Controversial as it is and I know by posting this I've made major enimies but I am so tired of their hype and I feel they are given way too much credit for what they did; starting out as a pop band that followed the trend and made a bunch of drug induced recordings and went their seperate ways people act like lenon was jesus and ringo is a douche and paul is a sap who treated his one-legged 21 year old wife like crap. George was the only unhyped member of the band and that poor bastard died of cancer.
Ok I am going to music hell but I feel there are way more talented artists and bands than the beatles, it was just a bunch of tart brit-pop and Bono from U2 should wank eachother off.
I feel that there are excellent bands from Europe and especially the UK I just think it's funny how much we give these guys a golden enema for their "influence" in modern day music, which is generally crap I don't like anyways.
Why can't we focus on the rolling stones, radiohead, led zep, and so many more beautiful bands that do their own thing the beatles just had hype and it propelled them to today as being one of the major "influences of music" I say **** on that.

Anyone with me? probably not but I am just checking.

Faubioca