Music Banter - View Single Post - The olympic games - Beijing 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

You guys should have seen the dream team, no one stayed with in 25 points in the first half all tournament. They won several games by 40 plus.

In case you have not looked into the Dream team it was

Leading scorer and MVP Charles Barkley who shot over 70% from the field
The greatest player ever Michael Jordan
The Admiral David Robinson at center
and veterans Magic Johnson and Larry Bird rounding out the starting line-up

When all-time assist and steals leader John Stockton and Magic we're injured MJ slide over to point and Clyde Drexler moved into the starting line-up.

The NBA's 2nd all-time leading scorer Karl Malone, 10 time all-star Patrick Ewing were the back-up posts

Scottie Pippen was the defensive stopper (they never needed) and Chris Mullin was shot 75% from the three point line which was 3 feet closer then the NBA line.

In addition to those 11 NBA's recent Duke graduate and reigning national college player of the year Christian Laetner was added to the team.

Chuck Daly, who won back-to-back NBA titles with Detroit in 89-90 and had recently retired coached the team.

Here are the results

USA 116 Angola 48
USA 103 Croatia 73
USA 111 Germany 68
USA 127 Brazil 83
USA 122 Spain 81
Quarter Finals: USA 115 Puerto Rico 77
Semi-Finals: USA 127 Lithuania 76
Gold Medal Game: USA 117 Croatia 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote