Music Banter - View Single Post - Rant
Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #124 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
"Did you punks just say Kirk Hammett is a better guitarist than Marty Friedman?"

*slashes throats*

\m/

This is one of the biggest problems I have about indie fans.

Indie culture today from my perspective has just become this big race to find and praise the most obscure artists and albums possible, and quality seems to be irrelevant.

I know that by saying that, this big trap of mine is probably gonna get me in trouble again, but it's the only thing IMO that could possibly explain the popularity of Merzbow.
Dude i know exactly how you feel... I was at the radiohead concert in cleveland a couple of weeks ago and i saw a kid that i went to high school with so we talked for a bit and he told me that he was there to see Grizzly Bear (the opening act). I was like oh that's cool i guess, kinda excessive to pay 50+ dollars for a band like that, who were admittedly not bad live. Anyways we got to talking about GB and he said "Hopefully they don't get noticed and people start to like them cause i'll have to stop listening to them." I laughed jokingly with him, but on the inside i wanted to scream at him and call him a retard.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote