Music Banter - View Single Post - This generation isn't stupid, we're just different.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wifey Boozer
Meanie McFeany

Times and people are different nowadays. I don't think it's a question of intelligence. There are "smart" people and dimmer people in every generation, no matter what time you're from. I don't think your generation has anything to do with it. Customs are different, certainly. But then again you can have an old fashion 20 or 30some year old in this generation. It's all based on how people are raised really, they can either go with it or reject it. I agree with WaspStar that intelligence is subjective... but the belief in things being subjective is however more common in this generation. Older people in their 50s/60s generally tend to be more closed minded and possess a "this is the way it is" type of posistion. Though I hate to generalize people based on their age. I do believe everyone is different in their own way and it doesn't matter what their age is. To me it's not your age or your education level, it's what you've gone through and how that's affected your disposistion. A 20 year old that's lived on the streets all their life is probably more street smart than a 50 year old white-collar executive who comes from a yuppie family. See what I'm getting at here?

... Stalin had a FANTASTIC moustache.

Formerly known as the Prime Minister of Spain.

[backintheubbr]
Wifey Boozer is offline   Reply With Quote