Music Banter - View Single Post - The Discussion in Need of a Title
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
Words about business
But bartering is where the concept of fiscal value even comes from. Therefore all the developments over history wouldn't have happened without it. I'm not saying we're not derivative, I'm saying we're doing it better because of all the progress we've made. If group A does something better than group B isn't it just outright nonsense for group B to tell group A they're doing it wrong?

Quote:
Words about progression.
I would agree that those are huge steps, but I also wasn't comparing the internet to those. These men are made of straw.

Quote:
Words about believing in the constitution.
The constitution of The United States Of America does not suggest that all men are created equally. The constitution of Maryland suggests it, which was written before the constitution of the US, however has no bearing on the constitution of the U.S. The phrase can also be found in The Declaration Of Independence. For believing in the constitution you sure do a great job of not knowing what its contents are.

Quote:
Words about equality and establishments.
Apparently I'm dumb.I will draw a parallel to see if it helps. If you own a house the government can't say who you can and can't allow in based on whatever principals you so choose. You own said home, that is your property to do whatever legal things you want with. Why should this not apply to businesses? If I have the right to disallow blacks into my house why shouldn't I have the right to disallow black people to utilize my service? Likewise if it is up to me if people can smoke in my house or not why shouldn't it also be true for my business?

I'd agree that this is different when it comes to the government. The government has treat us all equally and fairly. However, a privately owned business is not owned by the government.

Can I get a thread split as there are two different conversations going on?
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote