Music Banter - View Single Post - Funny Amazon Reveiws
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaspStar View Post
I'm fond of this one:

File under "easy listening", October 15, 2000
By Michael Vanier (Pasadena, CA) -

"Metal Machine Music marked a significant departure for Lou Reed when it was first released in 1975. At the time, Lou was best known for the avant-garde rock of the Velvet Underground and a string of pop-rock albums in the early '70s. On this album, however, Lou shows his versatility by abandoning vocals and traditional song forms to give us a series of relaxing instrumentals in a variety of styles. Part 1 features a series of funky jazz stylings with a distinctive bossa-nova flavor. Part 2 is more bluesy (really blues-jazz) and has a somewhat darker feel to it. Part 3 is more upbeat and danceable, and harks back to early swing or even lounge music, if you can believe it. Part 4 ties the rest of the music together and brings in a classical element reminiscent of Debussy or Satie. The remastering is welcome, as some of the more subtle aspects of the music were lost in the previous CD version. All in all, this is a wonderful album for those rainy Sunday afternoons with your Special Someone. Start a big crackling fire in the fireplace, open up a bottle of fine wine and listen to Metal Machine Music while watching the embers glow - you'll be glad you did! "

(36 out of 55 people found that review helpful; another reason not to trust Amazon reviews)
Haha what a legend!

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote