Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 25 people in the game that should stop rhyming
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmizz View Post
My opinion still stands and compared to other rappers with his popularity he is underrated
how can one of the biggest names in the rap scene be underated? he gets more hype than almost anyone out there, thanks to a real talented praise worthy rapper aka jay z.

i agree that jay z should hang it up though. i was so impressed by his talent, vision, and lyrical ability to write songs with meaning as opposed to "i got rocks, i got shinny cars, i got all the hoes, im a pro, im at the biggest show, everyone likes me, i drive around so nicely" type **** you get from all the other talentless industry whipped bitches in the game (cough ja rule cough sean puff daddy pdiddy just diddy dumabass combes cough mike jones cough).

jay z's albums are like story books, and goes on to say in the black album "As fate would have it, Jay's status appears to be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye", and then comes out with 2 more mediocore records.

nothing is more impressive to me than someone who "came i saw i conquered, from record sales to sold out concerts" and quits at the top. but unfortunately jay z did the michael jordan 2nd return from retirement (like he said he wouldnt), the brett farve (where once there was admiration, there is now aggrivation), and threw away a legacy. he will always be great, but nobody gets remembered more than the one who is the best at what they do when they leave 'the game'. jimi was a god, but the reason he is a legend is because he had 3 critically aclaimed albums and ended his career (albeit not by choice) on the TOP. everyone would seriously be blowing weezer right now if they stopped making music after the green album.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote