Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 MCs (Not producers! AKA Dre)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lopezand
Groupie

50 doesn't even write all of his lyrics. Em writes, and Dr. Dre writes (part of the problem). "He raps what he knows about?" I mean, personally I haven't heard in the news anything about 50 Cent shooting anyone lately, or him robbing any other rappers, and that is what he raps about.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of 50. I enjoy him at face value though. I understand that he isn't a good lyricist at all. I understand not to expect big things out of him. If I dont want to emerse myself in the lyrics, then I listen to 50. If I want weak lines just to listen to non-serious hip-hop then I stick in 50, because even I think that 50 is better then the other 99% of rap crap that gets played on the radio. But if I want to listen to a true MC who did what 50 Cent is trying to do (and failing miserably), I stick in BIG L. (Get "The Big Picture" and you'll understand).

I dont have a problem with people saying that they enjoy 50. I do have a problem when people start saying that he is a good lyricist and that he is a top 5 MC of all time, because then that just means you havent listened to anything besides the Angie Martinez hour on HOT 97, and you haven't watched anything besides TRL on MTV. Peace.

P.S. Comparing an artist to Ja Rule isn't the best way to go about proving your point.
Lopezand is offline   Reply With Quote