Music Banter - View Single Post - is racism ok for MB?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Well, yeh, it should be okay. Freedom of speech and all.
Ya well technically trolling, spamming, advertising, and bumping your own thread is freedom of speech too, and its not allowed on these boards. It is called RULES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Are you for cereal? Are you one of those kids that looks nervously around the room in search of minorities before you laugh at Dave Chapelle? If you're so uptight about racial differences perhaps you should examine your own prejudices.
Do you even understand Dave Chappelle? Do you have any idea why he left the show?

"Chappelle also said that he felt some of his sketches were "socially irresponsible". [18][19] He singled out the "pixie sketch" in which pixies appear to people and encourage them to reinforce stereotypes of their races. In the sketch, Chappelle is wearing blackface and is dressed as a character in a minstrel show.[20] According to Chappelle, during the filming of the sketch, a white crew member was laughing in a way that made him feel uncomfortable and made him rethink the show.[18][19] Chappelle said "it was the first time I felt that someone was not laughing with me but laughing at me."

There is a differnece in recognizing racial differences and making tasteless jokes about minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Some of the dopes around here think their funny, edgy, and clever. Careful where you step man, when you tell them that their biggoted ****heads they all gang up on you.

I'm not kidding.
You really weren't kidding.