Music Banter - View Single Post - This generation isn't stupid, we're just different.
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

When I watch movies from the 60's and 70's there are times when there is a 20-30 something person being lectured by an older person about their generation and how different they are, blah blah blah. In 20-30 years we're going to be saying the same crap to our kids... it's a self absorbed cycle and it makes older people feel better to think their generation was the most brilliant. It probably wasn't. I think as a people this generation is more lazy because of the conveniences that surround us... we get married later in life because women have careers to build and it's too damn expensive to live, the idea of the housewife pretty much went out the window. I've gone off track, my apologies... I think the internet being at our fingertips 24/7 has made it so we no longer need to really memorize or retain much, which can be a good thing, why take up space in your brain when you can just look it up? If the older generation is so much more intelligent I want to know why my father still hasn't figured out the VCR.

anyway, I agree... we're just different, not stupid.

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 08-27-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote